Thank you to Win Lose or Draw for passing this award on to pointsthruprose. Please check out her blog, it is full of some great artwork.
The rules for this particular award are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link.
2. Name 7 random things about yourself.
3. Pass the recognition to 15 blogs you enjoy and let them know.
I thought, this time, I would just skip to number 3 and list 15 new blogs I am following. As you can see from the list, I am following blogs of diverse topics these days. If you get a chance, please check them out.
To those blogs I have listed here, please feel free to pass this award on or simply tuck it away and accept my appreciation of your blog.
http://imsteventruong.wordpress.com/ poetry and creative writing
http://jilljoy2.wordpress.com/ art and poetry
http://thepainterspalate.wordpress.com/ art and food
http://piazzadcara.wordpress.com/ world events
http://thelittleleaf.net/ art and photography
Thank you so much to Francina at Seasons Poetry for giving this award to pointsthruprose. I am always so honoured when I receive these awards and I appreciate my fellow bloggers acknowledging my blog. Although I am inspired and motivated by many things, acknowledgement is like the icing on the cake as it makes it all very sweet. This particular award is very meaningful for me as “Inspiring” is a big word with a very important meaning.
I follow many blogs and in my busy life, I look forward to the few hours I have every week to sit down and read/view the works of so many talented people. This particular award doesn’t have any rules so I will just mention a few of the new and inspiring blogs that I have found lately. They are mostly art and photography blogs with a few poetry blogs in here. Check them out as there is some amazing talent out there.
Thank you to Dimitie Kendall for the Sunshine Award. This prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow: Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it. Answer the questions below.Pass on the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
I follow Dimitie’s blog on a regular basis. Her posts are relevant, positive and thought provoking with regards to some of the issues that we are facing today in the world and in our lives. She has just started a new blog and I think it is great! http://ecofashionasia.com/ is a blog about eco friendly fashion, check it out.
Favorite Color – purple
Favorite Animal – cat dog cat dog cat dog – can’t decide
Favorite Number – 2
Favorite Drink – red wine
Facebook or Twitter – both
Your Passion – painting
Giving or getting presents – both
Favorite Day – Friday nights
Favorite Flowers – lilac
Francina at Seasons Poetry has passed on the Genuine Blogger Award to pointsthruprose. As with all the awards I am honoured and appreciate the acknowledgement. The beauty of this award is that there are no rules, it is just a simple acknowledgement. Thanks Francina.
Thank you to Kate Hawkes at Kate’s Blog for nominating me for the Leibster Blog. Also I would like to acknowledge and thank Pattie at Plaid Oak for passing on the Versatile Blog Award. In my busy blogging life, I somehow overlooked these two nominations that were given quite a while ago, so here I am thanking you now. I have received both these awards before so I will forego answering the questions and above is a list of some blogs I would recommend. Please check them out along with the links to the bloggers who passed on the awards to pointsthruprose. Thanks to everyone.
Thank you to Seasons Poetry and Thoughts from a Jaded Heart for giving the ABC Award to pointsthruprose. I love the profound and beautiful poetry that both these writers post and I am in great appreciation that they visit my blog as often as they do.
Now for the rules of this one:
There is no limit to how many fellow bloggers you pass this on to
Share some things about you, but alphabetically, just a word or two starting with each letter of the alphabet.
since pointsthruprose is a collective blog, with many artists, I thought I would do the ABC’s on the blog – pointsthruprose is:
attractive, blunt, creative, demonstrative, enthusiastic, fictional, grande, happy, intuitive, judgemental, killer, loving, magical, narcissistic, optimistic, peculiar,questioning, respectful, synchronized, trusting, understanding, vulgar, whispering, x rated, young hearted, zany
There are so many blogs I am following these days, that I could easily make it my full time job to be a “blog follower”, here are five that have caught my attention lately
Thanks again for this.
Thanks so much to Sahil at http://sahilkhanna.wordpress.com/ for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
Rules of the Award:
1. Share ten things no one knows about yourself.
2. Pass it to six other bloggers.
I’m an extrovert so everyone knows everything about me (almost)
I have very bad handwriting and I was ecstatic when the keyboard came along so I could understand what I have written
If I could choose another career, I would be a lawyer and offer my services to the good guys for free
Speaking of money, I can’t wait until the world economy crashes so I don’t have to worry about it any more
I think the Internet is our weapon of choice in this silent revolution we are fighting -
- I pray to God the greedy guys don’t try to mess with it too much
I have no fear with regards to what is happening in the world as we are evolving at pace that will allow us to handle anything
Sometimes I feel like having a cigarette after not smoking for over 20 years
I have one dog and two cats and it drives me crazy that none of them get along
If I could choose another another career, I would be a comedian because those guys can get away with anything and people still laugh
I would like to pass this award on to:
http://angelslightworldwide.com/author/angelslightworldwide/ For the beauty and hope that your blog reveals
http://seasonspoetry.com/ For your magnificent poetry and sharing the writing of others
http://hollyannegetspoetic.wordpress.com/ For your very clever and always flowing poems
http://watchingthephotoreels.com/ For you amazing photography and beautiful stories
http://goldenliontamarin.wordpress.com/ For your dedication to the cause
http://dampsquid.wordpress.com/ For a very entertaining and humorous blog
Thanks and I hope you enjoy passing this on or just tucking it away in appreciation.
Thanks so much to “Thoughts from a Jaded Heart” http://jadedstone11.wordpress.com/ for passing this award to pointsthruprose. I look forward to a new post from this great writer and I just about get one on a daily basis. Thanks Jaded Heart for your profound and relevant writing and thanks for appreciating and following my blog.
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Share something about myself that other bloggers don’t know
- Link 7 posts from my blog that I feel are worthy
- Nominate 7 other bloggers who I feel deserve the award and haven’t yet received it
- “Good Morning World”, by Joanna Hyde http://pointsthruprose.com/2011/10/27/good-morning-world/ I was back and forth between this poem and “The Self Organizing Galaxy”. Both are brilliant and BIG. Good Morning World was Joanna’s first post on the blog and it is a very relevant poem that I feel the whole world needs to read – over and over again.
- “When they Closed the Gate”, by O.G. Hawkins http://pointsthruprose.com/2011/11/10/when-they-closed-the-gate/ This guy has so many great poems and such a unique writing style, but this particular piece resonates with me on the confinement that we all experience in this crazy controlled world.
- “Being with Experience”, by Carol Lefevre http://pointsthruprose.com/2011/11/30/being-with-experience/ It was tough trying to decide which tree of Carol’s I am in love with the most. Carol has the ability to paint trees like I have never seen before. I find this particular painting to be erotic and exuding with feminine energy.
- ‘Snake Dance”, by Kristine Zoodedo http://pointsthruprose.com/2011/12/05/snake-dance/ Now this is a million dollar painting! It is one of those paintings that changes every time I look at it and I have to look at it often. Again, it was tough to choose a favourite here as all of Kristine’s Art is so intricate, fun and profound – Do these words go together?
- ‘I WAS BECOMING WHAT I WAS FIGHTING, BUT NOT FIGHTING WHAT I WAS BECOMING”, by Murdoch McSween http://pointsthruprose.com/2011/12/15/i-was-becoming-what-i-was-fighting-but-not-fighting-what-i-was-becoming/ I chose this one, not because it was written by my 12 year old son, but because the title alone keeps me on my toes. I am a very fortunate Mother to have such an insightful boy.
- Thom Olsen, http://pointsthruprose.com/category/thom-olsen/ one of the most profound biographies I have ever read. I am determined to learn the secret of a sonnet through his beautiful writings.
- “I Awake”, by Jackie Blair McSween http://pointsthruprose.com/2011/12/08/i-awake/ One of the first poems I ever wrote (three years ago) This poem proved to me that if you study the technical then leave it alone and write in prose then the technical will just show up while the profound message remains.
A very special thank you to Isabella at http://isabellart.wordpress.com/ for giving The Versatile Blogger award to pointsthruprose.
These are the rules for the Versatile Blog Award:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blog Award picture on your blog post.
So the 15 blogs I would like to pass the award on to are:
Since pointsthruprose is a collective blog the random points must come from all:
I, Jackie McSween, have 4 kool kids, 2 cats and a dog. Joanna Hyde has seven cats, is my step mother, one of my best friends and the same age as me. Peter Haeghaert is Joanna’s son and Murdoch McSween is my son. Kristine and Joanna went to Art school together, and this year, Kristine grew a giant Yellow Squash that is over 2 feel long and weights 13 pounds! Carol Lefevre, who got me in a lot of trouble in my younger years, has travelled to 18 countries and each night she gives thanks to the Universe for food, shelter and clean running water. Ann is a good friend of Carol’s and obviously loves dirt. O.G. Hawkins is an avid Sky Diver. Dan & Jeff were introduced to the blog by someone very special to me….
With great appreciation to http://cynicallyengineered.wordpress.com/ , pointsthruprose is now the recipient of the Liebster Blog Award! Since being a faithful blogger now for almost 3 months, I have often wondered what this prestigious award is all about. Well thanks to my good friend and faithful follower, CE, I now know. Wow what a feeling, I would say my experience in the blogging world has been incredible and if I had my way I would be posting, finding new blogs and commenting all day. I can’t get over the beautiful poetry, works of art and insightful posts I have come across. I started pointsthruprose not only to display my art and poetry, but also to display the works of others who don’t have time to blog or simply don’t want to. However, I would say everyone can benefit from having a blog and it is so cool to be part of this community. I can’t say enough great things about blogging, art, poetry and WordPress. Thank you to everyone who has been following and commenting on my blog.
The Award; The Liebster Blog Award is given to up coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest,dearest, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The rules for the Liebster Blog Award are:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & paste the blog award on your blog
4. Reveal your 5 blog picks.
5. Let them know you choose them by leaving a comment on their blog.
Like everyone else, narrowing it down to 5 favourite bloggers is no easy task. Here is who I chose and why.
- Seasons Poetry http://seasonspoetry.com/ , Poetry & Photography by Francina Hartstra. I find myself walking into a beautiful gallery of photography and poetry. Francina’s poetry and photography brings me back to the incredible world of nature and beauty in art. Most of my writing has been about human nature lately and when I visit this blog I am reminded of where it all started for me – with one simple Haiku. Thank you Francina, I hope to get back to writing about the beauty of nature again soon.
- Isabellart http://isabellart.wordpress.com/ , Isabella is a very talented young artist. I enjoy this blog because it is full of all sorts of gems from poetry, painting, drawing and fashion design. Isabella has been a great fan of my son Murdoch’s work and they are around the same age. I think the world is full of talented young artists like Isabella and Murdoch and I admire their courage in sharing their work with the world.
- Aaron Leman http://aaronleaman.com/, I love receiving a new post from this blog. I have never seen photography like this before, Aaron is a very insightful artist and has the ability to capture photographs from another dimension, in my eyes. I don’t know a lot about photography, but I do know I love the mysticism in his work.
- Carol Lefevre http://carollefevre.wordpress.com/, Carol’s Tips for Empowerment – “we are actually more powerful than we can even imagine”. I couldn’t agree with Carol more as I believe we all have way more creative energy than we think. Carol is a Medical Intuitive, Conscious Channel, Applied Kinesiologist, Reiki Master, Feng Shui Specialist, Founder of the Beishu Method, Vibrational Healer, Teacher and Alchemist and I might add a great friend of mine. Carol has also been posting some of her art on pointsthruprose and she too just woke up one day and painted a painting. She does magnificent work!
- Kyla Bailey http://kylabaileyphoto.wordpress.com/, photography worth checking out. Kyla has an amazing ability to capture a landscape. Her photography is relevant, captivating and diverse. She is also a very interesting and compassionate individual as you will see from her blog.
So there you have it 5 very different, artistic and relevant blogs. My blog is all about diversity, and I am fortunate to bring that out through the various artists and writers who have trusted me with their most prized possessions. I would like to thank Joanna Hyde, O.G. Hawkins, Carol Lefevre, Murdoch McSween, Kristine Zoodedoo and Dan Gibbs & Jeff Vasey for their contributions to pointsthruprose. I would like to thank everyone who is following our blog, commented, liked or simply just viewed.